Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Computer Desk


Hope everyone is having a great week.  I decided to share our home computer desk and how we keep it organized.  I have shared this area in the past and you can see that post here:Desk

I have recently re-organized this space to be more functional and clutter free.  As you can see in the picture below, the area to the right of the computer is an empty space.  My goal is to keep it that way.  Where the containers are in that area behind it used to house a double file shelf.  I noticed that papers kept piling up in this space and we had no room on the desk to write or just set something down that was being worked on.
027.jpg


So, I moved the little shelf out and put these in that space instead.
The clear plastic bin holds computer games, photo discs and blank discs. Next to that is the glass container that is now holding tape. Having it out like this has come in handy while I have been wrapping presents. 
012



These next two pictures are our paper box and pen holder.  Next to the paper box we keep a stapler.  We used to keep the stapler in our drawer and didn’t use it that much.  Since I set it out next to the paper box, we have been using it all the time!  Making an item visible makes it usable.

014     031


Our desk drawer is in this next picture.  It is super small with a lot of stuff inside.  I placed a long plastic basket inside to house some of the smaller items.  We keep our envelopes in this drawer, dictionary, thesaurus and address labels.  The envelopes are in the boxes they came in.  I just took off the tops.  Instant organizing!  I just wanted to point out the yellow sticky notes. I know it is a huge waste of paper and next year I have a goal to find other more earth friendly methods, but for now, the sticky notes are getting used!
017    027.jpg


Here is another look at our computer desk.  I feel that since making some small changes to this area, it stays clutter free and is more enjoyable to work around.  I think that over the year I have learned so much about organizing and what works for our family.  I look forward to learning even more next year!  Have a great rest of the week and take some Time to Organize!
027

No comments:

Post a Comment