Friday, October 19, 2012

Movie Inventory

Yeah it's Friday!  I have lots of things that I want to get done around here, but time just seems to be against me!  Come on time, work with me.  I did manage today to get done a little organizing project that I just thought of doing last night.

This week I have been working on putting together a Family Binder.  It is going to take me alot longer than I thought it would to get it done.  In the meantime, I am going to try and do some smaller organizing projects that will hopefully be quick and easy like what I did today.

I thought it would be nice to have an inventory of all our DVD's.  We are always pulling down every box that houses our movies and going through them to determine what we want to watch.  For mom and dad, this is a big pain.  We keep the movies up high on our bookshelves so our youngest isn't always getting into them. 

I put together three separate lists: Movies for Grown-ups, Kids Movies and Holiday Movies.  Here is the Grown-Up list:


Next I placed colored dots on the outside of each DVD box.
 
 
I then put dots next to the movies on the list matching the color on the box.
 
 
Then, I put the lists into clear protective sleeves and placed inside a folder.
 

Lastly, I put the folder up on the shelf with our DVD boxes.  Now we can just pull down the folder, pick what we want to watch and get the movie. 
                                                       



 Quick and Easy!  I love that kind of organizing.  Have a great weekend and take some Time to Organize.


Linked up with:
The NY Melrose Family-Whimsy Wednesdays
Full Circle Creations-All Star Party
Southern Lovely-Show & Share
Polkadots on Parade-Wow Me Wednesday
Shaken Together
Crafty Texas Girls-Cowgirl Up
The Kurtz Corner-Tuesday Tutorial Link Party
a bowl full of lemons-One Project at a Time
The REAL Housewives of Riverton
Cheerios and Lattes-Show and Tell Saturday
The Gunny Sack-What's In the Gunny Sack Link Party
Not Just A Housewife-Show me what you got Link Party
Two Yellow Birds Decor-Thursdays Tempation
Delightful Order
The Shabby Nest-Frugal Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment