Thursday, September 20, 2012

New Chore Chart

Hello out there!  Hope everyone is having a great week.  We are having cooler weather here and I love it!  My daughter and I just made some apple cupcakes and the whole house smells applemazing!
Gotta love Fall.

Today I wanted to share the new chore chart I made for our oldest child.  This is a picture of the one I made a few months back.

As you can see it is very simple.  This has been working pretty well but I wanted there to be more details and a change in what he receives for chores done.

My son is a video game expert.  Computer, DS, phone, and whatever else he can play a game on, he loves it.  Mom and dad however do not love all the wasted time playing these devices.  We have been talking about changing the chart to where he not only works for a little money, but his game time as well.  I got the idea from my friend Claudia who has been doing this with her son.  I am not sure if they use a chart, but her son has to earn his game time and that is what I liked to hear.

So I decided to create a new chart and here it is.



All of the chores are the same.  We added earning game time and he still has the potential to earn money as well. 

I really like this new chart so much more than the old one.  It just seems like I did a better job at creating it this time.  Maybe I am not completely hopeless when it comes to working on a computer.

Do you use a chore chart with your kids?  It is a great way to organize their time and for them to keep track of what they do to help around the house. 

Thanks for stopping by today and take some Time to Organize!


I Linked Up With:

The NY Melrose Family
Two Yellow Birds Decor
52 Mantels
The Taylor House
The Gunny Sack
Cedar Hill Ranch: Cowgirl Up!
a bowl full of lemons
Sugar Bee Crafts

 

      




No comments:

Post a Comment