Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A couple things done!

Hey there everyone!  Hope you are having a great week.  I started a new job on Monday and it has been busy around here.  It is only a temporary job position but I have enjoyed being back to work after four years at home.  Best of all my daughter gets to come with me.  Pretty nice.  


There have been a couple of things I have been meaning to finish and I finally did tonight with the help of my husband!  Love that guy!  The first are some frames that I wanted to put on the wall in my kids bathroom above their towel hooks.  I took two IKEA frames that I already had, scrapbook paper and stickers that I had, ribbon that I had and picture hooks that we had too.  





I bought two 8 x 10 pictures from Shutterfly and that cost $8.00.  I chose two pictures of my kids of them in the bathtub.  I had to put some color paper behind the pictures because they were not quite 8x10.  I used the stickers to place their names and a fun water related word in the upper corners.  The ribbon I used to hang from the picture frame hooks.  Here is the finished look:

My nine year old son was not thrilled with this and told me I have to take it down when his friends come over!  I cannot help it that picture is so fun and silly that I could not resist framing it!  I will try my hardest to remember to take it down.  It does accomplish my goal of not getting the towels mixed up!


The other project I wanted to work on was painting the shelf in my bathroom again.  I posted about this weeks ago but I just didn't like the way the paint looked.  I used some weird primer and spray paint.  Anyway, I wanted to use the paint I had left over from my pantry(which has really come in handy around my house) to re-paint the shelf.  Here is the shelf before the second repaint:

Now here is the shelf after I finished painting it tonight:
It has a more even look.  Very happy!

I did a little rearranging but not to much.

I added the big basket at the bottom to hold toilet paper.

I bought this container from The Container Store for cotton balls.  A whole bag will fit into this thing!  Woo-hoo!  I am hopping by putting it on the top shelf with my toner it will remind me to Use My Toner!!

I cannot wait to work on the walls in my bathroom.  I am thinking beadboard.  

Have a great week everybody!


Linked up with:


6 comments:

  1. I don't my boys would be to thrilled w/ bath pics either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I am thinking I may change the picture out the next time I order some prints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! And so organized! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog & following. I also have the kids in the tub pics at my house. So far they haven't complained! :) Following you now, too.

    Michelle @ Crazy for Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by Crafty Mischief and thanks for following Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cute idea! Love it! Thanks for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete