Friday, September 20, 2013

Art and school storage


008
I hope everyone has had a great week.  Today I will be talking about this bookshelf that is now home to art and school supplies.

Since buying this shelf at IKEA, it has served a few different purposes.  First it was in our sons room full of books, models and toys.  Then it stored all of his Legos in bins and Lego models.  I moved it into our living room area and have re-organized it at least twice before now.

It didn’t seem to matter what I did, this bookshelf did not stay clutter free or organized in any way.  I was using the entryway closet to house art and school supplies and this area to had a hard time staying organized.  I also didn’t like the fact the supplies my kids use almost on a daily basis were shut up in a closet.  With them, it needs to be right in front of them to be handy, grab and use.  I decided this bookshelf just might work for their stuff.

I started by clearing everything off.  Here is the bookshelf before looking pretty good but it never stayed that way.
089

I then cleaned out the closet and went through all the kids supplies.  There was a lot of stuff.  I threw away old papers and some art supplies that were old.  I got some containers that we already had and started to sort.  Most of what I had was bought at the Dollar Tree.
010                    009
                                             011

I took the time and labeled everything with my label maker.  If you don’t own one of these it is a great purchase.  I got mine at Target.  If you cannot get one right now, be creative with paper, markers, washi tape, tape or even yarn.  Get that imagination going!

014        015

Here is one last look at the bookshelf that now stays clutter free and organized! 
                                008

No comments:

Post a Comment