Monday, November 5, 2012

Legos Again!

If you are the parent of a child who has legos, then you will relate to this post without any problem.  Several months ago, I went through and did a big organization for my son's legos:Legos Under Control.  Well, time has gone by and those legos became a little out of control again.

I have enjoyed having the boxes with each color but I wanted to be even more organized when it came to these blocks.  So I started looking everywhere and finally found what I was looking for to do just what I wanted.  Guess where I found this awesome new box.

IKEA!!
That place never lets me down!  I wanted to use these great finds for all of his mini figures and accessories. 

So, I pulled down all the boxes and started to go through and separate.  He really has done a good job at keeping the legos organized.  It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

I got all the colors back into the right color boxes, the wheels into the wheel box and the mini figures and such into the new IKEA boxes.  I think that the next time his legos need a little reorganization, I am going to ask him to help.  Having kids get into the habit now will make it easier for them to do on their own one day.
Pretty Awesome!  He came home and was excited to see them too. 

Here are all the boxes on the shelf in the closet.  I moved the boxes here a few months ago after I took the bookshelf out of his room.  This space has been working great for the lego storage.  We are still using one of the large lego containers for directions. 

Target also has some new storage just for legos by Lego.  I saw it tonight and the containers looked really neat. 

So there are a couple of options for you when shopping for storage to contain all those legos. 
This organizing project took a few hours and cost about $15.00.  I am thinking of getting more of these nifty containers in the near future for more lego organization.  I forgot that he has a whole container of legos at his Nana's house too!

Have a great Monday and take some Time to Organize.

Linked up with:
Mad About Organizing-Inspiration Wednesday
Southern Lovely-Show & Share
The NY Melrose Family-Whimsy Wednesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment