Monday, October 8, 2012

Mod Podge Magazine Box

Hey out there!  Hope everyone's Monday is going great.  The weather is so awesome here and the kids have been outside off and on all day.  Love it!

I decided last week that I wanted to re-arrange my son's room again.  I just wasn't digging where everything was and how cluttered it always looked.  So yesterday I cleared it out, cleaned it from top to bottom and rearranged his furniture.  Over the next few months we will be painting his room and making it look more age appropriate.  One of the things I could do right now was organize all of his magazines.  He has so many with no where for them to go.  I decided to make him a magazine box.

I thought I could cut out pictures from some of his magazines and Mod Podge them onto the box.  This was my first time using the stuff and I think I did okay for an amateur.  Here is what I did.

I took this old box and taped it up where it needed to be fixed.


Next, I started to place on the paper that we had cut out.

The only problem I seemed to have was dealing with how sticky the Mod Podge was on my hands.  I had underestimated this amazing product.

Orange is going to be one of the color accents in his room, so I trimmed the top of the box with orange scrapbook paper.  I had a hard time getting it even.  I am okay with it considering this is the first time I am doing anything like this project.


                                                              The finished Magazine Box.


 
 
 
My son really liked how it turned out.  Now his magazines are very organized in something that reflects what he likes. 

I liked using the Mod Podge and learned some things that I can implement on the next project using it.  I had all of this stuff here and did not spend anything for this simple project.

I have said it in the past and will say it again.  Organizing does not have to cost you alot of money.  Just some time, effort and even a little bit of creativity can make organizing fun and easy to do!

Enjoy the rest of your beautiful Fall day and take some Time to Organize.


Linked up with:
a thoughtful place
Becoming Martha: Keep Calm and Link Up
The NY Melrose Family- Whimsy Wednesdays
Nellie Bellie-The All-Star Block Party
Southern Lovely-Show & Share
Polkadots on Parade-Wow me Wednesday
Two Yellow Birds Decor-Thursday's Temptation
SNAP-Show and Tell Linky
Cheerios and Lattes-Saturday Show and Tell
My Turn(for us)-Freedom Fridays
The Gunny Sack-What's in the Gunny Sack Link Party
Sugar Bee Crafts-Take a Look Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment