Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cabinet Number 1

Well I finished the first cabinet.  I figure I will just go from cabinet to cabinet and if it needs an update I will give it one.  Cabinet number 1 I cleared out first, then painted with a fresh coat of white.

  So, here is the before with all the stuff!







The picture on the left is before paint and the next two are after paint.


It's done!  Wow, so much better right?  I wanted just a few things in this area because it was too crowded!  On the counter is coffee, cups, sugar, coffee maker and filters.


















I used my cake stand for the sugar, filters and coffee.  The sugar packets are in a little bowl I had and the coffee is in a new container from Target.  My husband told me coffee cannot be exposed to light or else it loses its flavor.  I don't drink it, so that was new to me!  The cups are placed underneath for easy access.

The coffee maker is right beside the cake stand and a larger container is next to that full of more sugar.  Yes, there are three different kinds of sugar here, but all organic.  Does that make it right?



The next two pictures are the inside of the cabinet.  Big improvement!!!!  Tea and extra filters are on this shelf.  Yes, that is kool aid in the corner.  I am trying to get away from buying that stuff.  The tea packets I placed into containers that I already had.  They are from IKEA.  Next two shelves are bowls, extra cups and some kinda coffee thing my husband keeps.  We do have more cereal bowls, but they were in the dishwasher.  Haha!  There were other items that found a new home or are waiting patiently for one.  All in all I am pleased with the results.

Stay tuned through the weeks for more awesome kitchen cabinet updates!  Woo-hoo!

What are you doing to make your kitchen look better or work better for you?  I would love to hear!

9 comments:

  1. CUTE! So nice and Tidy!! Nice job- I am staying tune with ya lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am eager to start but I am going to wait till next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cabinets look great! We are so glad that you linked up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope you'll be back next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a difference! Keep up the great work...I recently went through all my kitchen drawers and cupboards it feels great doesn't it...if you want to see check out my blog http://organisingtomakelifeeasier.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good call on the cake plate! I saw that once on Pinterest for dish soap and sponges - but I like the idea of using it for prettier things like the coffee accessories. Thanks for linking up to Drab to Fab! This week's party is up again, so please come back and party some more with me! You can link up old or new :)
    Here's a link to the party:
    http://www.amynjesse.com/2012/03/drab-to-fab-link-up-8-features.html

    Have a great weekend!

    Amy @ Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Amy! I saw it on Pinterest too. Probably the same one with the soap. But this way worked better for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great-love the cake plate too! Following you from TDC-stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete