Thursday, January 26, 2012

Inspiration



Happy Thursday!  I am really enjoying doing my blog now and looking at so many amazing blogs that are out there today.  So many ideas and creative people.  All of this has inspired me to be a little crafty and make something.  Now, I am not that crafty, so I am taking baby steps in my creativity.  I decided to do a Valentine's mantel.  I love flowers and thought a homemade vase would be fun to make.  I got an old spaghetti  jar, cleaned it out of course, some tissue paper with little red hearts on it, glue and a pen.  It was a little more time consuming then I thought, but I think it turned out okay.  My son really thought it looked fun and he will be making one for the spring.  Maybe for his Nana and Granny's house.  


As you can see I tore the paper into pieces, wrapped the small pieces around my pen, dipped in the glue, and placed all around the jar.  My hand slipped a couple of times, but it wasn't hard to correct my mistake.  Here is the finished vase on my Valentine's mantel.





To make the valentine ornaments all I did was take an old valentine gift bag, cut out what I wanted, untied the ribbon handles, punched a hole into the paper and tied on the ribbon.  Then hung on my tree which was already above the mantel.  Pretty easy.  I did buy two new red candles for the rectangular candle holders and some flowers from Target.  The whole project cost about $16.00.  


I hope this inspires your creative mind!  Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I love the creative inspiration and I do think you are crafty! Thank for you sharing your link on "Cowgirl Up!". Hope to see you back next week.
    ;) Samantha @ Crafty Texas Girls

    ReplyDelete