Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fall Mantel

Happy Wednesday!  The week is half way over and the weekend will be here in the blink of an eye!  Blink!  Well, almost! 

I have gotten my Fall Mantel done and pretty pleased.  We will be getting a cold front this weekend.  So instead of 104 degrees it will be a cool 89 degrees.  Hey, it is cooler.  That is just Central Texas weather!

Back to the mantel.  I wanted to do something really simple and not spend alot of money.  I think I accomplished both those goals. 

Let's start with the things I already had on hand.  The sign, doggie plate, pumpkin and frame.  The doggie plate is kind of put there in memory of our dog who we had to put down last month.  He had been with us for over 10 years.  When he was younger, he looked alot like the dog on the plate.  It is up there as a happy reminder of him and how wonderful he was to us.


 I printed out a Fall Bucket List from Pinterest(http://howtonestforless.com/2012/08/17/fall-bucket-list-free-printable/) and placed it into this red frame with some tan scrapebook paper behind the list.



The orange vases I picked up at our new Goodwill Store.  I got both for $4.31.  I then got some twigs from the back yard and popped them inside.

So there is our Fall Mantel.  Simple and inexpensive just like I wanted.


Linked up with:
52 Mantels
The Shabby Nest
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Not JUST A Housewife
Two Yellow Birds Decor
The NY Melrose Family
Shaken Together
Six Sisters' Stuff
SNAP
The Taylor House
The Gunny Sack
Sugar Bee Crafts
Crafty Texas Girls
Centsational Girl
My Turn(for us)
a bowl full of lemons
Southern Lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment