Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer Wreath

Happy Summer Time!  Well, technically not yet, but close enough here in Texas!  We got to 94 degrees here today.  Can you say hot?  HOT!

My son and daughter had some friends over today to kick off summer break.  Water guns, slip-n-slide, popsicles and cupcakes.  They had a good time.

Yesterday I decided to change the wreath up on the front door to make it a little more summer like.  Here is a picture of what it looked like for spring.



It took me forever to wrap it, so I left the yarn on and just made two minor changes.  I took off the flowers and used cupcake liners and stick pins.  I got the cupcake liner idea from Hating Martha(wreaths).  So simple, but it made a big change.  The second thing was changing the ribbon out.  Here is the new look.

Wow!  Simple changes can make such a big difference.  I really like it!  Welcome Summer!



I linked up with:
The Gunny Sack
Not JUST A Housewife
The REAL Housewives of Riverton
Sugar Bee Crafts
The NY Melrose Family

No comments:

Post a Comment