Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Crunchy Chocolate Treats

I have had this recipe in my book for years.  Today is the first time I made it and wow!  I wish I would have a long time ago.  Peanut butter and chocolate goodness.  These are  rice crispy treats with a kick!  This recipe comes from Food Everyday.

crunchy chocolate treats

Makes 2 Dozen  Prep time 30 minutes Total time 30 minutes

1.  In a large, deep saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces, over low heat, about 4 minutes.  Add 1 bag(10 ounces) mini marshmallows; cook, stirring, until melted, 6 to 8 minutes. 
2.  Add 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped; cook, stirring, until melted, 2 to 4 minutes.  Remove from heat.  Quickly fold in 6 cups rice cereal and 3/4 cup peanut-butter chips until evenly distributed.
3.  Coat a 1/4 -cup dry measuring cup with nonstick cooking spray; scoop mixture onto waxed paper, forming clusters.  Let set, about 10 minutes.  Store in an airtight container for up to several days.

Note:
To make squares instead of clusters, use a wet spatula and evenly spread mixture into a buttered 9-by-13 inch baking pan.  Let set before cutting with a serrated knife.

*I just poured the chocolate morsels in and it worked fine.  I also think I will make them smaller next time.

I linked up with:
Crazy for Crust
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
The REAL Housewives of Riverton
Sugar and Spice
My Turn(for us)
Me and My Sweets

4 comments:

  1. Yum! These look so good. What a great treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rebecca! Thank you for sharing these at Freedom Fridays! Why make them smaller? Lol I would have to have more than one that way. Hope you are having a marvelous week and see you again on Friday.

    ReplyDelete