I read a blog post one day by Shelby over at The Bean Sprout Notes. She had written a 30 before thirty list. A list of 30 things she wanted to do or accomplish by the time she turned 30. What an awesome idea right? I am completely inspired and have decided to do a 40 by 40 list. I will be 40 years old (unreal) in 2015. There are so many things I really want to put on this list big and small. So many things I have talked about doing for years and have not for one reason or the other. Other being I am a big time procrastinator! Hopefully though, this list will keep me in check and more accountable for doing the things I have wanted to for so long.
1. Quit drinking soda! This is number one because it effects my health. Oh, Dr. Pepper how you will haunt me!
2.Lose at least 30 pounds. This will take to the year 2015 I know it! Rebecca loves her some good food!
3. Finish our wedding scrapbook. I got married almost 7 years ago! I think it is time to finish it.
4. Paint my son's room and closet.
5. Learn at least 5 new functions of my blog.
6. Learn how to use my new cell phone. I got one this past Mother's Day. Haven't had one in years and I am tech challenged.
7. Move pictures from boxes to photo albums and post.
8. Make my own cards. I love to do it, but I put it off and then don't have the time. Did I mention I procrastinate?
9. Read more. I used to read all the time, but have drifted.
10. Start planting herbs.
11. Go on a family camping trip!
12. Take kids to Lego Discovery in Dallas.
13. Take carpet out of bedroom and put down new flooring. Some of these will include my hubby! Love him!
14. Learn how to take better pictures of food.
15. Drink at least 3 glasses of water a day. I don't know if I'll ever get to 8!
16. Replace wood and paint back of house. Maybe replace windows.
17. Spend more time with friends.
18. Keep garage organized! So hard to do!
19. Take a trip alone with my husband. Miss doing that one!
20. Buy a new vacuum cleaner. The one I have is killing my back.
21. Study the Bible more. I would love to start doing this on a daily basis.
22. Get back to scrapbooking. I love it but I make excuses not to do it.
23. Keep my van cleaner. My van is always messy and it drives me nuts.
24. Get more sleep.
25. Start a small veggie garden.
26. Attend more school activities.
27. Take kids to Moody Gardens.
28. Take a trip to West Texas! Can you tell I want to travel more?
29. Learn to pamper myself more.
30. Start a homeschooling pre-school program for my daughter.
31. Take a Zumba class.
32. Paint mine and my daughter's toenails alot more often. We love wearing open toed shoes and our toes are a fright!
33. Learn how to use the gas grill.
34. Make a more organized file system.
35. Construct a better laundry system. Oh hubby!!!
36. Learn to appreciate the every day small things.
37. Reach 100 followers on my blog. I love to blog, so this would be awesome!
38. Buy myself clothes and not feel guilty about it. I always buy for someone else and not myself.
39. Spend more time with just the hubby and myself.
40!!! This one will really happen after I turn 40, but it is so great I am putting it down. Have a big and awesome party to celebrate 10 years of marriage!
Wow! I did it! This list took several days to complete. I had to really think about things that I think I can do in this time period without putting to much pressure on! This feels really good and I am looking forward to getting started! I highly suggest everyone who is getting close to a big birthday make one of these lists! Thanks for the idea Shelby!
I linked up with:
The REAL Housewives of Riverton
A bowl full of lemons
My Turn(for us)